Introducing the Benny™ Card
The Benny™ Card is an alternative to submitting “paper claims” for reimbursement of eligible medical flexible spending account (FSA) expenses. The Benny™ Card is simple to use when paying for office visit co-pays, prescription drug co-pays, balances remaining after the insurance has paid, and certain “over the counter” health care products.
Here are the steps for obtaining and using the Benny™ Card:
- At open enrollment, if you elect a Medical FSA you will automatically receive a Benny™ Card.
- If you are responsible for paying the yearly card fee, this cost will be deducted from your annual Medical FSA election.
- You will receive two cards (both in your name) that look and work like credit cards.
- When you incur eligible expenses, you give the card to the provider and the cost is deducted from your Medical FSA balance.
- SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! If a transaction needs to be substantiated, you will receive a letter from Group Dynamic, Inc. requesting an itemized receipt for the transaction(s) in question. If you do not respond within the time period indicated in the letter, your Benny™ Card will be temporarily suspended until we receive the requested documentation or the funds to pay for the transaction(s).
Some Special Notes about using the Benny™ Card:
Do you have questions about the Benny™ Card? Call us at 1-800-626-3539
- You should not use the Benny™ Card for services that may be fully or partially reimbursed by your (or your spouse’s) medical insurance.
- Your Benny™ Card can be used ONLY for service dates within current plan year.
- Never use the Benny™ Card for pre-payment of services. You will need to pay for service via some other means and then submit a paper claim once the service has been received.
- DO NOT discard the Benny™ Card once you have been fully reimbursed. Your card will be used from one plan year to the next.
Click here to print this page